Monday 21 January 2013

The Lamp that Defies Nature

Recently I thought, wouldn't it be funny if someone made a light that was powered by a candle? You know, because it already produces light, so, like, using it to power another light would be crazy, right? Because why. I was picturing bringing it onto the Dragon's Den and the people would ask me, "Why would anyone buy this?" and I'd be like, "Uh, I never thought about that part. Isn't it cool?"

But then I googled it just for fun, and it looks like I'm not the only crazy person around. I present to you, dear reader, the Candle-Powered LED Lantern:

It looks like a tiny candle oven!



"This innovative lantern emits a surprising amount of light, considering its power source. No power cord or batteries are required; it generates its own electricity by harnessing the heat energy of a single candle flame to run eight LEDs. It produces the equivalent light of about 18 tealight candles (70 lumens), more than enough to read by or illuminate a table top."

You can buy one of these babies at the Lee Valley website. Now that I've seen my idea realized, I kind of want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment