Wednesday 6 February 2013

From Up On Poppy Hill Trailer



From up on Poppy Hill is the Latest Studio Ghibli movie to be released in North America. This one is directed by Goro Miyazaki, son of the famous Hayao Miyazaki who, if I remember correctly, thinks he is a terrible director and practically disowned him. Anyway, Studio Ghibli hasn't exactly been on a roll lately, with Tales of Earthsea being panned and Ponyo only getting good reviews because all of the reviewers were afraid to admit that they didn't get it. The Secret World of Arriety seems to have done okay, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't confirm.

That being said, this one looks like it may be something more like a cross between Whisper of the Heart and Grave of the Fireflies, in which case I thouroughly approve.

In other news, has anyone else heard that Disney no longer holds the rights to any Shtudio Ghibli films? Apparently this 'GKids' owns them all now. I've never noticed them before, but they were the ones who distributed The Secret of Kells, so they're all right.

I nearly tilted this entry 'From Up On Poopy Hill'

No comments:

Post a Comment